Errors in German translation

there are a number of spelling and grammar errors in the German translation that need to be fixed. Unfortunatly, since my last visit almost everything seems to have been locked. Would be nice if the German translation could be unlocked.

Apart from the numerous errors there’s one that seems to be in the program itself. String 43 (“To unlock, reach day {DAY} in {MODE} mode”) should end in “im Standardmodus” in German, if string 9 (German: “Standard”) is used for {MODE}. But it shows up as “im standardmodus” in-game, with lower s, not the correct capital s, as it appears in string 9.

Is string 9 actually used for that? I could not find any other “Standard” in the string list, but it seems a bit odd, too, if the code makes the word lowercase.

Please wait until @shiprib comes to check on this.

I am not sure if @peter also manages translations.

That’s quite disappointing, we used a professional service to vet and update all our German translations! Thanks for picking up on the errors. I’ve checked Transifex and you should be able to submit new translations for German, we had some edits submitted only a few days ago. Could you try again and let me know what’s going wrong, then I can have a look at it from my end.

I’ve just checked in to the capitalisation problem and of course I’ve made it reduce the mode string to lowercase before embedded it into the string. :expressionless: I’ll add in an option for each locale to leave nouns capitalised and set it to true for German.

I’ve checked Transifex and you should be able to submit new translations for German

Still cannot fix the existing translations on Transifex, only those two or three not yet reviewed (and those don’t need a fix). Please see the following list.

Now, the majority deals with unifiying the use of terms. Half of Minimetro used “Station” for a station, the other half used “Haltestelle”, same with passengers (“Passagier” and “Fahrgast”). Neither of the terms is wrong or worse, but the game should use only one of the two.

I haven’t counted the errors in spelling and grammar, and the simply odd ones, but they account for probably just half a dozen, maybe a few more, of this list. Most of them got into the translation within the past six months by a single person (sorry).

Stationen sind niemals überfüllt.
Fahre möglichst effizient.

Verhindere überfüllte Stationen.
Bahnlinien können nicht geändert werden.

und nutze dafür nicht mehr als eine Lok pro Linie.

mit höchstens acht Stationen pro Linie.

mit höchstens zwei Linien an quadratischen Stationen.

mit höchstens einer Linie mit Tunneln.

Die tägliche Herausforderung ist derzeit nicht verfügbar. Bitte überprüfe deine Verbindung zum Internet.

72 -one-
Eine Erweiterung verfügbar.

Wegen Überfüllung dieser Station musste der Betrieb eingestellt werden.

75 -one-
Ein Fahrgast reiste

79 -one-
Pro Tag benutzt ein Fahrgast deine Metro.

79 -other-
Pro Tag benutzen {EFFICIENCY} Fahrgäste deine Metro.

Nutze die wenigen dir zur Verfügung stehenden Tunnel, um Berlin unter der Spree hindurch zu verbinden.

Belebe die Stadtteile Melbournes mit zwar langsamen, aber zuverlässigen Straßenbahnen.

Ziehe eine Bahnlinie über eine Station, um sie ihr hinzuzufügen.

Ziehe eine Bahnlinie von einer Station weg, um sie von ihr zu trennen.

Fahrgäste reisen zu jeder beliebigen Station, sofern sie der gewünschten Form entspricht.

Züge nutzen Tunnel, um Flüsse zu unterqueren.

Bahnlinien können sich nur an Stationen kreuzen.

Stationen mit mehr als sechs Fahrgästen gelten als überfüllt.

Dein Punktestand entspricht der Anzahl Fahrgäste, die täglich deine Metro benutzen.

Bei gefülltem Kreis, dem nächsten Punkte-Meilenstein, erhältst du neue Erweiterungen.

Bahnlinien und Züge lassen sich nach Setzen nicht mehr ändern.

Diese Station ist bereits teil der Linie.

Dir stehen keine weiteren Linien zur Verfügung. Entferne eine bestehende, bevor du eine neue baust.

Linien können sich nur an Stationen kreuzen.

Auf einer Linie können nicht mehr als vier Züge fahren.

Zum Fortsetzen den Bildschirm berühren.

196 -one-
{NUM} Station

196 -other-
{NUM} Stationen

Note on 202: Instead of “Community-Management” I’d rather use something like “Fahrgastbetreuung”.
The Fahrgastbetreuer are are those friendly railway employees who help passengers finding their way, buying tickets, understanding timetables. In English it could be something like “passenger assistance”. Slightly tongue-in-cheek, but IMHO it’s nicer than using the English term in German, which sounds like -sorry once again- German bullshit bingo.

Wow, thanks so much! I see now, reviewed strings are only editable by a reviewer. I’ll update these strings and get them in the next patch which is coming in the next week or two.