Mini Metro Origin Achievements Not Unlocking

I have Mini Metro on Origin and have not been able to unlock a single achievement. Not one. I have tried re-installing the game, I have tried a new profile within the game, and nothing works. I am definitely fulfilling the requirements of the simple achievements, such as “Oyster” (Deliver 200 passengers in London), so I am at a loss as to why nothing unlocks.

Are achievement unlocks working for anyone else on Origin?

We’ve had reports from other Origin users that achievements are only sporadically unlocking. We’re working with Origin on it but don’t know when they’ll seriously look into it. In the meantime, rest assured all the achievements are being stored locally as unlocked, and whenever the problem is fixed they’ll all be awarded retroactively the next time you start the game up.

I can say that on May 8 a whole bunch of achievements unlocked at once, but it is still very sporadic. Since then, I have done some digging and have found that you can see what is pending to be unlocked in your “output_log.txt” file that gets generated each time Mini Metro launches.

For example, from mine:

Profile: Completing achievement shanghai2 remotely.

This means that, at some point, the “Shanglow? Shanghai!” achievement will unlock. It seems to only be possible at game launch, and is seemingly random. I can launch the game ten times and nothing will unlock, or launch it twice and something new might unlock each time.

When something has been unlocked, that log will read something like:

OriginContext: Recording achievement Earl Grey (43) as complete.

For what it’s worth, I have only seen one achievement unlock when it should, while playing, as I fulfilled the requirements. Every single other one is essentially queued and will unlock on some random future game start.

So, if you want something to unlock, first check the aforementioned log to see if anything is pending, then just open and close Mini Metro until it does.

@peter I still think “Shanglow? Shanghai!” is bugged. I have gotten every other achievement to unlock except this one, despite having completed it about two weeks ago.

Thanks for the info! I’ll double-check that there’s nothing peculiar about the achievement on our end and get in touch with our contact at Origin.

It is still broken. I don’t really understand why this one is so hard to fix. :upside_down_face:

Me neither. We’re still working through some issues with the in-game overlay preventing or slowing startup on macOS.

Bumping an issue reported over 3 months ago and still not fixed. :roll_eyes:

We haven’t had much luck with Origin to be honest. I’ll chase them up again over the issue. If you’re still playing, could you please send me (peter@dinopoloclub.com) a copy of your log after you boot the game up and it attempts to sync?

First of all, I am digging the update where you can actually see the challenges and track your completion of them in the game. I was hoping this update would also fix the achievement issue since it is related to that, but alas!

When I opened it up, and looked at Shanghai’s challenges, I saw green tick marks next to both challenges.

What I did do, with the help of the new system that actually lets you 100% see whether you are doing the challenge, is redo it, in the vain hope it would resolve it. It did not it.

Anyway, I am sending you the log. Just writing this here in case anyone else has similar issues and wants to see what I have tried.

Thanks, I’ll send this along to our contact at EA. The green tick at least means it’s recording client-side, so it is just the syncing with Origin.

In the process of rolling out the latest update I discovered there was a problem on our end with the Shanghai achievement, whoops! That’s now been fixed. The update should go live on Origin in a few days, depending on the speed of their QA process. It’s still not reliably unlocking however, but at least we’ve removed the problem on our end. We’re working with their engineers now.

There was a problem with the linking on their end too — all fixed now! When the patch rolls out, that should be the last of the Origin achievement issues sorted.

Thanks, I can confirm that it worked! As of the latest patch, “Shanglow? Shanghai!” can now be unlocked.

I appreciate the effort to get this fixed. Lots of devs stop supporting the game after a few months or even weeks, but the support for Mini Metro has been admirable.

Sweet, glad it’s working. :+1: Thank you for your patience!