Option to log in via Telegram for Daily Challenge

Hi,
I don’t own a facebook account and don’t like the idea of getting forced to create/have one in order to play the Daily Challenge…
Is there another way to play it?
Telegram Messenger just published a cool feature that allows developers and websites to insert a Telegram widget so users can log in via Telegram (first phase of the ‘Telegram ID project’). You will get their phone numbers, the name/username and a profile photo so you can be sure that there’s no spam and everyone has one identity. (more here: https://telegram.org/blog/login). What do you think about that?

Thanks for a reply :slight_smile:

What platform are you playing on? I have both PC and android and neither of those force you to have a Facebook account.

I’m playing on PC version. When I click on “Daily Challenge” on the main menu, the “Play” button in the bottom right hand corner is greyed out and I can’t click it. I have to click on the blue “connect” button and Facebook opens…

Is that the steam or download version?

I purchased and downloaded it via humble bundle

Hello! I think I saw your email go by (and Peter responded to you). At this point, we have plans to remove the Facebook requirement so that the Daily Challenge can be played, but the score won’t be posted publicly. We’ve looked at programs like Telegram before, but they aren’t always easy to hook into a game and can sometimes take a while to unravel which why we haven’t switched.

Concerning this (I use this thread instead of opening a new one) - logging in seems not possible? When trying to connect, this shows up (Humble bundle dl version):

“400 Bad Request
The plain HTTP request was sent to HTTPS port
nginx/1.10.3 (Ubuntu)”

(http://facebook.dinopoloclub.com/authorise.php?code=AQCgw7…)

Sorry about that. We were trying to clean up a loophole and accidentally introduced a bug last night. It should be solved now. Thanks for letting us know!

Thank you :slight_smile: Fixed!

best regards from Vienna, Austria