Phantom line tactic ruins the game, should be nerfed in a new mod

In order to get to top 10 list I use phantom line tactic, otherwise its impossible to get those high scores. I was getting around 1500 score without using this tactic and I’m getting close to 3000 when I use it. But this ruins the fun of the game because I need to use it constantly and it’s boring.

Phantom line tactic : keep one or two lines and trains unused. Use them momentarily to clean overcrowded stations. Create a line from an overcrowded station to another station where most of the passengers in overcrowded station wants to go. The moment train leaves the first station you can remove the line and use it in another overcrowded station if you have another unused train.

What I suggest is to have a new game mode, called Hard (or something) that will be like normal but when a line is removed it will have a delay of 10-20 seconds to be available again in order to make this phantom line tactic unusable. This should be a new mod because if normal mode is changed, then current high scores will not be reached again.

I use “phantom lines” all the time. And I disagree about the boredom factor, or nerf idea.

All transit systems in the world use phantom lines. Based on their usage, operators figure out how to expand the rail network, and optimize the road network.

I see MiniMetro more as a puzzle than a game… design a fixed line network to connect all station types efficiently … Optimize to make phantom lines as short as possible … see how your phantom lines do in the “end game”.

It actually feels a little like playing checkers to me. except you get to design a new checkerboard, each episode.

Lol, I never use phantom lines and are in the 3000’s all the time.